[pianotech] Funny Advice?

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 29 16:51:18 PST 2008

Actual verbage from the repair and tuning manual for the Hammond Chord Organ:

>>>   Remember that small differences in tuning are highly desirable because they add a "chorus effect" which gives added richness to the tone.   <<<

Dang ... so here I've spent all these years being fussy for nothing? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think unisons should sound too much like a "chorus".

Alan Barnard

"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz, CINCPAC WWII