[pianotech] Verdigris in Action Centers

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:10:12 PST 2008

Hi David,Parts replacement is of course the true solution. My chemical of
choice is Protek CPL. Remove the hammer-shank-flange from the rail, soak the
bushing with CPL from a hypo oiler, work the flange vigorously, and you've
usually greatly reduced the friction to a manageable level. Rebush or repin
the recalcitrant ones. Expect that you'll need to repeat this process in
future visits, as this doesn't remove the gunk, but rather lubricates and
frees up what you're stuck working with.
Best wishes & Happy New Year,
Patrick Draine