[pianotech] wurzen front punching felt

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 21:16:48 PST 2008

  Again. You've got it so wrong.
  You've got an ax to grind & you don't know what you're talking about.
  It takes a major league effort to be any kind of parts & goods provider to our fickle industry. Jurgen has many parts & supplies unavaialble from other sources. First class first rate products.
  I firmly support all folks of integrity providing this kind of service to our professional community whether it be in the guild or without. Who cares?
  In any case you're new here many people providing goods & services have informed of us products we might other wise not know about. I don't recall any of them being reamed as you have just done.
 SO what's you're real beef?
 Get a grip.
 Dale Erwin

My comment could have been better worded.  The intent was to point out that Jurgen's outfit contributes nothing to the industry, not that he personally is a nothing.  I don't know him.  There are people in our industry who genuinely give and those that only take.  I've never seen pianoforte company run an ad, sponsor a major class or support the industry.  They only try to skim off the efforts of others.  Look at the January PTG Journal just delivered.  Companies like Yamaha, Schaff, Renner, etc. , all run the big ads in our Journal that support us and help make the PTG possible.  Schaff told me that most of their business comes from non PTG members.  I'm sure the same is true with Renner, so
why do they do that.  Renner told me they do it because they believe the PTG represents the best opportuntity to continue raise the level of professionalisim in this trade.  I'm only suggesting that Jurgen starts supporting us the way the other companies do and not just use the LIst in lieu of advertising.  As far as responding to a question about his products, Mike, that's one of the oldes setups on the List.  Jurgen's not the first one to try it.  I'm only pointing out the obvious.  We're in a shrinking business, and I'm grateful for the companies that continue to invest and grow our business and less tolerant of the companies like Pianoforte who only take.

John