[pianotech] wurzen front punching felt

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 21:36:58 PST 2008

Sorry, wrong!  There are any number of individuals and small companies providing specialty tools and parts whose contributions are developing, searching out, stocking and offering for distribution items that would not otherwise be available from the main suppliers.  Many of these individuals don’t have nearly the volume as a Yamaha, Schaff or Renner to be able to run “big ads” in the journal or “all star” presentations (lunch included) nevertheless they provide a valuable service to those techs who are constantly looking for new ideas, tools, parts and ways to do things better (and, btw, Pianoforte does run ads in the journal).  Don’t be naïve, the investment that Renner, Schaff and Yamaha make are vehicles to promote their products and they are fortunate (as are we who benefit) to have the capital for larger scale promotions.  The bottom line is still the same—they need to make money.  Smaller companies like Pianoforte are entitled to make a living for the service they provide as well even if their promotions can’t match those of the big boys.  Do you think, btw, that the techs who contribute to this list don’t sometimes engage in self promotion?  Does that diminish their technical contributions?

Last name would be good, btw

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com