[pianotech] Was Wurzen Felt.....New topic forums?

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 05:43:01 PST 2008

Hi JEff
  All good thoughts. However there is a huge difference between having a heated difference of opinion based on discussion & being blindsided by an offensive & personal attack on ones integrity,credibility & motivations. Unacceptable
 Jurgen Goering is one of the most kind & decent humans I know. This man, John X,whatever... completely disregarded Jurgens humanity with his callous and rude statements. He was probably parroting something some else said.
 A list for suppliers of goods & services would be a great idea. Some one would need to monitor it administratively. How bout you Jeff? Grin.
   Yuuu cuuld keyp our spellling in liine as weell.
  Happy New year
  Dale

I agree that John went over the top in his statement, but that is not an uncommon
occurrence on this board, witness the discussions regarding ETD’s and exam processes
that pop up often. Frequently discussions become heated and steam is released via the
–computer– keyboard. I would hazard a guess that most of these folks, if given the
chance, would gladly reword their replies to save the point made without starting such a
rukus. Maybe not. On a side note, I have noticed that as tempers rise, spelling and grammar
fall which makes the rant rather comical to read...research topic for an English Major?
I am very new in this business, about two years, but I have come to value this board and the
many, many technical discussions I have followed have helped me in countless ways.=0
AIn the interest of keeping the focus on technical discussion and yet allowing for an open forum
for new products and for letting off legitimate steam, cannot a new list be developed to answer
each need? I would imagine that many techs, from rookies like me to seasoned veterans who
still love new tools and tricks would love such a dedicated area to browse and to post their own
and I have no doubt that the steam relief valve board would get the wires smoking in no time.

Just an early morning thought to bring in the new year, which I hope is full of appointments and
good business for all.

Jeff

Jeffrey Cutler
Piano Service