[pianotech] Blatant Commercialization (was Re: wurzen front punching felt)

John Dorr a440 at bresnan.net
Wed Dec 31 06:33:54 PST 2008

Pianotek2000 at aol.com wrote:
The list shouldn't be used for this kind of blatant commercialization.  Run an
ad, Jurgen, and quit using the list to sell your products.  You're a nothing
in this industry.
John

I totally disagree with you, John.  I've found Jurgen's posts to be very
informative and remarkably free of "blatant" self-promotion.  I also think
he's a significant "SOMETHING" in this industry.  He's always struck me as an
important supplier who is conscientious about providing worthwhile tools and
supplies unavailable elsewhere.  AND he's a heckuva nice guy.

Same goes for Joe Goss, before you single him out.  Joe also posts pertinent
replies to technical questions and indicates which of his products might be
appropriate in those contexts.

This is an ideal forum to present products as long as it's done in context and
without hyperbole.  We may or may not see an ad, but if we're following a
thread on the list, then appropriate tool, parts and supplier references are
more than welcome by myself and, dare I say, most readers.

Carry on Joe and Jurgen!

John Dorr
Helena, MT