[pianotech] Saturdays

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Dec 31 15:44:53 PST 2008

I'm quite new in the business. I often am asked if I work evenings or on
Saturdays. I tell them that "I really prefer not to, for the same reason as
you want me to." They *always* get it, and we *always* work it out... either
they take some time off, or a family member or neighbor lets me in. Very
often, they ask if I need them to be around, then leave me alone in the
house.

That said, I have considered establishing Saturday and/or evening rates. I
think, since it would be a one-tuning trip, plus it's essentially
"Overtime", that it should be at least "time and a half", or in other words,
a 50% shift premium.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN