Compression ridges was :Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior ...

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 17:51:01 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/2/2008 11:51:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lclgcnp at yahoo.com writes:

Yes,  but there's often too much bearing in the bass,
to begin with. It's pretty  well accepted, these days
that there should be minimal bearing on the  bass
bridge.
  Just to throw flies in the generalizations, & since many  are enjoying
these festivities. & (there is a smile on my face).  If a  bass bridge set up is
cantilevered than minimal is a must but I've seen some set  up with quite a
heavy bearing which sound really good & haven't  exploded.  Also just to head of
misinformation Bass bridge systems attached  directly to the board can be
pushed on in a fairly genourous manner & the  tonal output is greater to my ear.
The pianos are of course usually  larger.

This is "uncharted territory" and I confess that
I'm "throwing these ideas  out", in hopes that other
techs will experiment with them, and get back to  us
with their findings.
  Everything right about that Thump.
  Dale

The "piano business" in Athens, Ga., is such  that
I'm barely able to survive at it, and have scant
opportunity for  such "experimenting".

Peace,

48)