Can you figure out what this does?

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 18:51:08 MST 2008

 I think all of you got this right, even without seeing the bar that runs along behind and under the whippen and is pulled up by a very nifty interconnection with the hinge of the soft pedal mechanism and "compensates for lost motion" (ingenious and only Chickering-possible--he must have had his engineers and draftsmen working 24/7!) If I had the time, I'd do the research to find out whether he patented this, but along with all his other weird innovations, it would probably require a U.S. Chickering Patent Office separate from the main one (he probably had as many people filing patents as designing the parts!).

Paul