Regulating Without Specs

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Mon Feb 4 21:52:45 MST 2008

At the risk of opening a large can of worms and an even larger debate,
I think this is perfect example of why going metric (like Dale Erwin
demonstrated) is such an elegant mode of transport through exercises
such as these.   Mixing fractions with decimal inches may work in this
prepped example, but the numbers are hardly ever so fortuitous.   I
heartily suggest to all technicians to immerse themselves in
millimeters, stop converting to inches, buy metric rulers, calipers and
whatever other measuring tools they need and discover the brilliant
ease of working in that system.
ducking for cover...
Jurgen Goering