Speaking of Steinway grand sizes

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Feb 5 13:08:41 MST 2008

Hi David... grin... sorry bout the mm... cm of course.

As for my origional querrie... I added roughly 20 cm to where I
origionally measured from, which is about the length forward to the
front end of the keyslip... and this began to look like some kind of an
early O model... which, after a bit of research I think is rather
confirmed. What is a bit odd about the instrument is the rounded off
fronts of the case.  This is usually a sign of a Hamburg produced model
with NY being square in shape.  I suppose it may be a case of one of
those instruments half produced in NY and finished off in Hamburg.

Cheers
RicB