Regulating with metrics

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Feb 5 14:13:18 MST 2008

"Yeah, but if you want REALLY tight precision, go for thousandths of a
millimeter!"

Reminds me of the joiner who went with his engineer friend to the engineers'
convention.  When it was finished and his friend asked what he thought, he
said "Huh, all that talk of tolerances, of give and take so many
thousandths!  You're LUCKY!  We've got to get it RIGHT!"

Does no-one know, then, what in imperial meaurements there are 4840 of?

Best regards,

David.