unusual wippens (Ludwig grand)

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 5 15:41:13 MST 2008

Jack

The serial number is 109091.    The spring is indeed a
big half circle.  On the hammer rail was the
inscription "Staib-Abendschein Co, NY".  Might have
been just Stab, or some variation, it was a bit
smudged.

There were two broken jacks, but I think I can get
replacements, or modify an existing jack to replace
them.  Other than that the action was in pretty good
shape.

It didn't feel significantly different to play, in
spite of being so differently constructed.

I recommended she try to find another piano and get
rid of this one.  If she does so, are you (or anyone
else) interested in the action parts for spares?

Tom Sivak
Chicago