how to politely ask for a raise

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:54:50 MST 2008

You decide what you charge for your services. You can inform the client of
your increase in your fees through whatever appropriate channel you are used
to (verbally or written, to the office administrator, music director,
whoever). If you want to sweeten the deal in some manner, that's your
prerogative. Such as "As of February first, my standard 'retail' tuning rate
has risen from $ XYZ.00 to $ XAB.00. Since I have been maintaining your
piano with very frequent visits to concert level standards, I have given you
a xx% discount from the previous standard rate, and will be happy to
continue offering  that discount on the new rate."Or something similar.
You're the decider.

Patrick Draine RPT