Andre's Front Punchings vs Schimmels

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed Feb 6 00:18:41 MST 2008

Quite a number of high end shops, rebuilders and institutions use
Crescendo Front Rail Punchings, many of them exclusively.  Typically,
techs will order one set, then after a while, two more.  Then,
silence...  Then the next order is half a dozen sets or a big bag of
1000 punchings.  The demand is such that they are sometimes back
ordered, like right now for example.  Don't fret though, more are on
their way.  It just takes a while because the factory makes up the felt
sheets on demand and then punches them out.  They do not stockpile
them.

To date, there were two instances, including Kent's, where someone
found the punchings too firm.  All the other feedback from techs and
players alike has been along these lines:
http://www.pianofortesupply.com/cresc.testimonia.html

I will soon be adding a second thickness of  Crescendo Balance Rail
Punchings, and I have plans to introduce special new regulating
punchings to complement the whole system, later this year.

                                  "Happiness is a good landing!"