unusual wippens (Ludwig grand)

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 6 06:14:36 MST 2008

No, that's not it, actually.  On the Ludwig I saw had
a hammer rest rail instead of a pad on top of the
wippen.    The most shocking feature was this huge
hammer return spring, mounted on top of the wippen,
which pulled the hammer back into place.  The hammer
shank also had a wooden post, about an inch long, with
a silk loop at the end, into which the huge hammer
return spring was inserted.

Close, but no cigar.

Tom Sivak