how to politely ask for a raise

mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 6 07:59:55 MST 2008

Brian: Check the rates of the other service people (plumbers, electricians, etc) in the area and use that as a gauge to set your rates. I don't believe in price gouging but I do believe in a fair fee for my work. If your goal is to tune 4 pianos 5 days a week and work 48 months a year, then figure how much you need to earn per year to pay the bills, take a vacation and put 10% in savings and figure you hourly rate off of that. Then you don't have to guess how much to charge. Remember to figure you overheads in your fee. Be brave. You may loose a few customers but that's life in the piano tuning world.
Gerald McCleskey RPT
Shreveport, LA