Andre's Front Punchings vs Schimmels

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 6 10:45:37 MST 2008

Hello there ya old pirate !

I'll have to give this a try and see how it works.  I am just a tad
hesitant tho... seems like it would be kinda hard to undo it you wanted
to sometime in the future.  Tell ya what... you try my 1 mm thick
Kashmir punching and I'll give your glued paper a whirl :)

Cheers
RicB

    Hi Ric,
                 Some of that noise is coming from the card punching,
    slapping
    on the frame. That's why I mentioned putting a little dab of white
    glue on
    the bottom of the heavy card punching.
    We have done quite a few piano's this way, and like the results. The
    white
    glue has a slightly rubbery quality to it when set, and help to cushion
    some noise.  Measure a note in each octave, old punching's, plus old
    felt
    punching's, with a digital caliper. Then select a card punching that
    will
    give similar results with the crescendo punching.   Repeat for the
    sharps,
    they will be different.

    Regards Roger