Yamaha buys Bosendorfer

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:01:59 MST 2008

Mike, Ric,This is from the Boesendorfer website (undated but hey it's their
site). And this from Yamaha's site (12/2007) <
http://www.global.yamaha.com/news/2007/20071220a.html>.
Patrick Draine
Bösendorfer - Press release from BAWAG PSK

Agreement between BAWAG PSK and Yamaha on the sale of Bösendorfer

Guarantee to maintain Austrian headquarter and production site

Yamaha, the internationally leading producer of musical instruments, and
BAWAG PSK reached an agreement on the sale of 100% of the shares in L.
Bösendorfer Klavierfabrik GmbH today.

Yamaha as well as BAWAG PSK are fully convinced that the combination of the
strengths of Bösendorfer and Yamaha will bring benefits for the company
Bösendorfer and its employees. The new owner issued a guarantee to maintain
the seat, headquarter and the production of the company in Austria and to
sustainably secure the future of the Austrian piano manufacturer.

Mr. Ewald Nowotny, CEO of BAWAG PSK: "The piano manufacturer Bösendorfer is
a special company. Therefore I am very pleased that with Yamaha, a strategic
owner could be found which is able to support the financial development of
Bösendorfer and will continue the cultural heritage. The guarantee issued by
Yamaha to maintain the headquarters and production in Austria clearly
indicates that we did also consider the interests of the staff in the sale
and that overall, a very good solution could be achieved."

Mr. Alfred Zellinger, managing director of Bösendorfer: "We are glad that we
succeeded to find such an excellent investor for Bösendorfer which has
already proven respect towards our house as well as positive expectations of
the future in the negotiations. Yamaha constitutes a competent and strong
strategic investor for the traditional company Bösendorfer that will
undertake every effort to support the Bösendorfer regarding distribution,
optimization of the production and development of product innovations.
Therefore, Yamaha will secure the future chances of this top brand."

Further inquiries:
BAWAG P.S.K. group press office
Tel. 0043 (1) 534 53 – 31210,
e-mail: presse at bawagpsk.com