how to politely ask for a raise

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Feb 6 12:30:39 MST 2008

Willem Blees wrote:
> Next time you give them the bill, just put in the a new amount. Someone
> might ask about it, but I would venture to guess that they will just pay
> it.
>

> I have been tuning for a church twice a month for a year+1/2 without
> even a slight increase in fees.
>  <snip>

> Brian P. Doepke; RPT

If you lose this customer solely due to a slight increase in your fee
(made merely to keep your bottom line more in line with keeping body and
soul together), then they are more interested in your fee than your quality.

Have you been doing this w/o a contract? Without, there is nothing
preventing you from doing COLAs (cost of living adjustments). If you DO
have a contract, it's time to renegotiate.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076