how to remove upright pedals

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 10:01:46 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/7/2008 11:53:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mconnell1 at instruction.com writes:

I have a customer with an 1870's Steinway upright who would like the pedals
replaced (the thin tin coating is worn right through). I can't figure out how
to remove the pedals though.

That's not tin plating - it's nickle. Rather than replacing what are probably
heavy, high-quality pedals which fit the piano exactly, you might consider
having them replated. If you do, it will take some advance planning in order to
not have the piano out of service any longer than necessary. Most good platers
are at least weeks behind.

Bob Davis

48)