how to politely ask for a raise

itunepiano at aol.com itunepiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 12:03:42 MST 2008

 The key to being comfortable raising prices is to have a strong system in place that ensures repeat business and generates new customers.?? If the phone doesn't ring much, it's hard to raise prices, and some might even drop prices thinking it will bring in more business (big mistake).?? Marketing skills are gained with time and experience, just as tuning skills are.? A successful tech usually is a good salesman and marketer.?? I don't make my living from tuning pianos....I make my living from SELLING piano tunings.???? Granted, market conditions must be taken into account, but a tech who can create greater value from his service can also charge more for it,? and a good solid service will ensure repeat business and referrals.??? Bob.