Keystick Planing--Router Sled

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 8 23:31:49 MST 2008

Hi, Floyd:
	Not a bad setup.  The trick is how to clamp the key so that your router
doesn't hit the clamp.  There is another way to shave off the key.  The
Wagner planer fits in a drill press, and keys held in a vise are passed
beneath it.  Raising/lowering the quill or table adjusts the depth of cut.
You can mount a work surface with stops so that the planer only removes
wood where the keytop is going to be glued onto it.  The Wagner
Saf-T-Planer is available from Pianotek.  The cutters are "safely" recessed
so that there's little chance of cutting your fingers.  Just another idea
(not to discount your discovery).
	Best,
	Paul

Paul McCloud