Soundboard repair question

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sun Feb 10 06:28:32 MST 2008

That's exactly what I thought about the CA:  that it wouldn't so what needs
to be done.  But I also thought it was an interesting idea and didn't recall
ever hearing it discussed, so I figured I'd ask.  Other customers have asked
me similar questions, as well.

(Yes, I know the strings have to be removed before repairing with epoxy.....
<g>)

The pianos sound good -- great tone, no rattles -- so I'm mostly concerned
with getting them to pay attention to them.  The bigger cracks in the L are
along old repair lines, but none of them is particularly bad.

You don't fill cracks?  So, it's either replace the board or leave it alone?
(That seems really sensible.)  Under what conditions do you decide to
replace it, then?

Annie G.