Meet the "Lookerson's"

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Feb 10 09:43:30 MST 2008

I always encourage people to watch as long as they can stand it. I usually
get so focused on tuning that I forget they are even in the room.

A couple of days ago I had a 19 year old girl who was fairly intelligent,
but a little clueless. She started "hearing" "sub-partials" and would let me
know if the note wasn't quite right. I just smiled and moved on, explaining
we can't tune all the partials equally the same, we can only hope to get two
or three to line up, and the rest is what gives the piano its unique sound,
or whatever else I could make up on the spot to keep her thinking she was
hearing a design feature.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272