Meet the "Lookerson's"

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Sun Feb 10 17:24:37 MST 2008

David,
Our guards at the (Chasen) Art Museum claimed that their fillings
rattled in their teeth when I tuned the top octaves.   Security was
great
to foil with.   They inventoried the sponge I left over the back leg.
Instead
  of carrying it in everytime, I stored it there for the occasional key
cleaning.
With a big smile my favorite guard walked by, and asked if I was
missing anything.

  It took me several months to get on to the reverb from the wood floors,
  and high ceilings.  While they were closed over a Summer they removed
the carpet
from the walls to create an ECHO,,,,Echo,,,,echo....

At the same museum a lady came and asked me if I would make a recording
of the piano tuning.   She loved the sound of the unisons coming
together.
Very soothing to her soul, so I asked her to bring me a tape.   She
did. I did.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI