Meet the Lookerson's

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 18:05:49 MST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 2:57 PM, David Boyce <David at piano.plus.com> wrote:

> Years ago I was called to the country manor home of Lady D, elderly widow
> of
> a shipping magnate.  After the tuning the housekeeper took me into the
> parlour to meet her ladyship, who was very charming and quite "with it".
>
> The following year I was called again, but by that time Lady D had
> developed
> Alzheimers, and she commented to the housekeeper (who relayed it to me)
> "That's not a nice tune the man's playing".  She was too far gone to meet
> me
> that time, and some months later she passed away and the house was sold.
>
> Sic transit gloria mundi......
>
> Best regards,
>
> David.

Years ago I was floor tuning in a music store, the piano show room was a
seperate room from the rest of the store connected by a doorway in front and
the service area in back. As I was tuning I heard someone whistling the note
I was tuning, almost the note I was tuning, just a little flat, I finished
that one and moved to the next and he moved up with me again a shade off. He
was far enough away that it didn't throw me off it was just quite noticable
to me. This continued for about 20 minutes before he left, I asked the owner
after he left if he had noticed the difference, no he hadn't and he was
surprised that I had!!

Mike

--
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com