tuning next to feathered lookersons

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 08:54:36 MST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 7:38 AM, <reggaepass at aol.com> wrote:

> ...and then there was the client with three pianos.  The last one I
> serviced was an old Stwy upright in their bedroom, right next to the
> parrot's cage.  Every few minutes, the bird would enthusiastically exclaim,
> "Have at it!   Have at it--bwaaak!"
>
> anon

I refuse to tune with parakeets in the room, they screech and squawk as you
tune and the louder you are, the louder they get. I ask that they move them
to another room or cover them.
I did tune for a customer with a large gray parrot in a cage right next to
the piano, the customer wasn't home and every little bit the parrot would
give out with a loud squawk. I saw nothing in sight to cover it with, I had
no work number for the customer so I had to just live with it!

Mike

--
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com