Held "Hostage" by Tiny Lookerson

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 08:04:14 MST 2008

I've tuned for the family for over 30 years, they had 5 natural children and
adopted 2 from Korea the girl Cindy at age 9 and a year or so later Timmy at
age 3. Cindy it turned out was a piano Phenom and the whole family became
accustomed to waking in the morning and going to sleep at night to the sound
of her playing the piano. They began with an old upright, moved on to a new
Kimball artist console which after a year needed heavy regulation from the
hours a day she spent playing. I advised them to get a more "heavy duty"
piano, a studio, which they did.

I was there to tune in mid-winter and Timmy was in the house alone, home
from 1/2 day kindergarten. Dad's Transmission shop was just across the road,
a dirt country road that they lived on the end of. Timmy and I talked when I
arrived and when I took my mid-piano break but then I was done, I left the
bill on the piano, packed my toolbox and set it down next to the wall and
went around the corner to use the bathroom. I came out and no toolbox to be
seen, I was certain I had set it there, I asked Timmy if he had seen it, he
shook his head. I began looking around for it and found it several feet from
where I knew I had left it, behind a recliner chair. I looked at Timmy and
asked did you move this here? He paused a moment, then he nodded, I
understood then that he was lonely there by himself, glad to have some
company and tried to keep me there as long as possible. So I stayed a few
more minutes with him and got him settled in front of the television.
I was amazed that he managed to move that toolbox it must have weighed as
much as he did about 45 pounds! He was always small for his age. The next
time I was there his mom was home and I told her about it and she was amused
and amazed that he would do such a thing.

Oh yeah, he has his own 1 year old now and is 23.
Mike
--
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com