Mark-up (was Steinway parts)

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 13:46:03 MST 2008

<< Me thinks that the issue is that most techs (as well as mechanics,
computer repair, plumbers, etc) build in a profit margin on parts and if
the general public knows the ACTUAL cost, they might raise a stink about
it.  >>

         I suppose this is so, however, I don't use any mark-up.  I tell my
customers that the price they are charged for parts is my cost, and the reason
my prices are higher than my competitors is that I charge a lot more for my
labor.  They don't seem to mind, especially when they have been given a higher
price for parts by another tech!
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>The year's hottest artists on the red carpet
at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.<BR>
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?NCID=aolcmp00300000002565)</HTML>