It's a capo bridge....

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:54:23 MST 2008

My first thought was that it looks like a viable quick-n-dirty solution ...
like CA in a pinblock.  If it works, use it if that's what the budget calls
for.  We've all seen the old cheap grands with front termination points no
more defined than those in the photos.
And I will try to remember this when I encounter it myself.  It might be
something that could keep an otherwise "decent" piano going.

--
JF

www.formsma.blogspot.com