Confessions of a "Lookerson"

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Wed Feb 13 10:08:02 MST 2008

Al, your experience is interesting, and well done to you!

But, I don't think what you say is the whole story.  I think it is largely
THE MARKET that determines the worth of piano tuning and repairs. That was
my point really. And that will vary from place to place.

I am fortunate in that I am not dependent on piano tuning for a living - I
have other work.  I am not the cheapest tuner around, and wouldn't want to
be.

But the marketplace still really sets the limit for most of us.  Density
of pianos and of piano tuners in a given area, also of professional
recording studios, concert venues, etc, will all have a bearing on the
market, as will local employment conditions and the general wealth of the
populace.

Best,

David.

"What are you worth? Only you can determine that.
What do your customers think your worth? Again, only you can determine that".