Valuing ourselves

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 10:28:15 MST 2008

Two other bitches, as long as I'm ranting.

1. DO NOT compare me to a plumber. My work is way, way different than making a turd go through a pipe.

This is an insult to the plumbers. They know and do a hell of a lot more than making a turd go through a pipe. It might not?be as glamorous, but some of the projects they have to work on are much more complicated, and expensive, than most of the pianos we work on. No, we're no plumbers, but then we're not doctors, lawyers, CPA's, electricians, etc. either. Every profession has their own rewards, and draw back.

2. DO NOT complain about working on dog-ass pianos. If you stick a pin in your house on a map, and draw a circle around it with a 50-mile?radius, I guarantee that unless you live in the wilderness, there's a thousand good pianos (conservatively) in that circle waiting for your magic touch. There are no excuses; just reasons why you don't succeed. How you see yourself, how you FEEL on the inside, has everything to do with how you're treated on the outside.

As much as most of?us want to work on nothing but high end pianos, there are times when we have to work on the dogs, drive long distances, and work 7 days a week. Not everyone lives in large metropolitan area, or in an area that is highly populated. Some of us live in remote areas where we have to drive 50 miles just?to get to the first customers. And if?I drive more than 50 miles, I'll need a DUCK.

End of mad soliloquy. Out of breath. Must.....rest........

David Andersen?

I like?the concept your 're trying to convey, David, but you went overboard.

Willem Blees, RPT
Honolulu, HI