Mark-up (was Steinway parts)

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Feb 13 10:08:26 MST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 7:30 AM, David Love wrote:

>  If you are “padding” your labor to some would find that as
> objectionable (or more so) than adding a reasonable mark-up on parts.

Well...it depends on how you're holding it, David Love. If my team
did less than our best on every bid, if we didn't put countless extra
hours into the job, talking and thinking and experimenting about it
when we're "off the clock,"  if it was a "pad" like defense
contractors or Mafia guys put on, just because they can, then your
point is taken and processed. If you're talking about me and my
colleagues Dale Erwin, Steve Bellieu, and Phenoyd Ezra, then please,
please don't disrespect us by putting our love, our passion, our
artisan's fierce dedication, our natural and constant "overtime,"
into that same smelly, thuggy basket. I hope you're not doing that.

David Andersen