Held "Hostage" by Tiny Lookerson

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Feb 14 07:04:58 MST 2008

>>No, it happened to an electrician, but the situation was still almost
exactly what we would face in a home alone with a disgruntled child.

Not quite. You've got to admit that we see a different clientele. An
electrician sees a lot more scum than we do. Think about it this way: how
many bounced checks do you get? I've been involved in other business that
serve the whole public and I know that proportionally piano tuning gets way
fewer bounced checks than is representative of the general public. Our
clientele is definitely a cut above the general population, even at the
lower economic levels. A poor parent who has made an investment in a piano
and a luxury like piano tuning for their child will be much more likely to
be providing a stable home environment and doing real "parenting" producing
a modicum of good character for that child.

So to say we face exactly the same risk as someone who serves the general
population is to engage in a little excess hyperbole, IMHO. I'm not arguing
that there isn't risk, just not the same as an electrician. And I still have
to believe that if one is prudent and trusts their good instincts, one can
run from impending trouble as Terry's story illustrated.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802

>  I cannot call it paranoia because I have seen it happen.  >>

David writes:

 <<To a piano technician?

          No, it happened to an electrician, but the situation was still
almost exactly what we would face in a home alone with a disgruntled child.

Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>The year's hottest artists on the red carpet
at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.<BR>
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?NCID=aolcmp00300000002565)</HTML>