Valuing ourselves

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Feb 14 13:40:10 MST 2008

30 hours yields 1950 USD ??

Why any professional piano tech with enough experience under his/her
belt to warrant a better then average rep would take less the 250 USD
per service visit in this day an age is beyond me.

Dont sell yourself cheap.... do top notch work and let the other guy
sell himself cheap.

Cheers
RicB

    I hope you work 30 billable hours a week if you're working full
    time;  that's
    $1950

    Guys,
    Something to consider. I don't think it a stretch to say we work 1
    hour  of
    unbilled time for each hour billed. Driving, scheduling, book
    keeping, ect.  So
    30 hours billed can mean a 60 hour week. Then, half our pay goes for
    retirement, insurance, vacation, sick leave, advertising, supplies,
    ect. My  point is
    our pay is divided in half then in half again when compared to a
    employee
    with out those obligations. So, for us to have the same income as
    say  a factory
    worker, we need 4 time the hourly pay. Their $25. per hour is equal
    to our
    $100. per hour. Do you keep 25% of your pay, I know I don't.
    Fenton