Accu tuner readings

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 14:20:51 MST 2008

Rick

Yes, the lights have to stop in order to have the piano in tune. I don't know how long you've been tuning, but when I first started tuning with a SAT,?I found that my upper octaves were not where I usually tuned them. But after a while, I discovered I was actually tuning those notes flat. The SAT made me hear how the notes are supposed to be.

Give your?SAT a chance to educate you. But more important, make sure you're tuning the right note, set to the right octave. It's very easy, sometime, to just look at the lights, and not the note and octave setting.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of