Beautiful Sika SPruce

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 15 00:11:43 MST 2008

Hey Jude

I supppoose I shoulda figured out the saw marks myself.  But then not
being primarily a wood-wookie I just took what was visual... added it to
Dales comment about how clear the grain was... and got rather confrushed
as it were :)

So.... are you making your own panels from raw lumber then ? Or are you
getting premade panels and attaching the ribs only.

Cheers
RicB

    I remember when we were allowed to hand select boards from the
    lumberyard. We always had a sanding block in hand to sand the saw
    marks off the end grain to see what was there; I no longer need that
    block but it can be just as deceptive in person as it is in a low
    resolution photo.

    Cheers,

    Jude Reveley, RPT
    Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC