Held "Hostage" by Tiny Lookerson

Martin Wisenbaker mbjwisenbaker at juno.com
Fri Feb 15 04:48:21 MST 2008

Diane:

This reminds me of a time when I was tuning at a house where a Spanish
speaking maid was there doing house work and sitting for a toddler. The
child, a small girl, began crying frantically. The maid went to her crib
to see about her. After a while she came to me at the piano to ask my
help. The child had put one of her feet through the vertical rails on one
side of her crib and could not retract her foot back out. I knew how to
get her foot out but I did not dare do it myself. I instructed the maid
and let her do it.  I told her to get some soap and put it on the foot
and it would come out. She did this and rescued the child. This had to be
done before I could continue with the tuning as I could not hear over her
cries. All was well.

Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
Houston, Texas