soundboard on my 1890's Knabe upright

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 15 06:45:48 MST 2008

There's a lot of misleading information in the post you cite, and the quote is not from David Ilvedson.
Chances are the cracks are appearing because of low humidity.
What's the relative humidity by the piano?
Best way to avoid damage is to control humidity, and if there's no buzzing, forget about the cracks.
Ed Sutton