Beautiful Sitka Spruce

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 17 10:01:16 MST 2008

I guess I will post this to the Pianotech List, just in case anyone else didn't get the joke.

William wrote: "...doesn't this sound a bit (exactly) like the S&S line, used to sell flaws?"

Terry thinks in response: "No $hit!  Did I forget to use quotation marks?"   ;-)

Terry writes in response, while trying to repress his real thoughts: "Sorry William, I thought the play on words would be obvious. You are correct that much about the RC&S design/construction methods target repeatability/predictability as a goal. IMHO, the very small variations that my method of panel thicknessing might create, is insignificant relative to the natural variations that will occur among pieces of spruce. IMHO, it is a non-issue

Hey, don't feel bad. I'm about the worst one on the planet when it comes to "getting" a joke - I'll sit there bewildered while a room full of people are laughing hysterically around me.  :-(

Seriously though, thanks for your input. Others may have had the same thought. I wouldn't want folks to think that I am claiming to sell magic!

Terry Farrell