buying pianos

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun Feb 17 15:16:41 MST 2008

Be careful when someone tries to sell a piano for much less than it's worth, and wants the piano moved the same day.?

Back in St. Louis I got a call from a guy who wanted to sell his piano. He described it to me, and he said he would take about a third of the value of the piano because he needed the cash.?He asked if I could get it out within the next hour. I told him I would call my mover and asked. When I called my mover, he said, "no, I am not going to pick up that piano, because it isn't his".

What the guy did was break into someone's house,?call piano dealers right from the people's home, and sell the piano right from under the owner's nose.

Imagine coming home, and finding your piano gone.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of