Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sun Feb 17 18:35:32 MST 2008

Hi Thump,

He is better off with the DC system with string cover and bottom cover.

Controlling the room within 5% and in a manner where the piano can be
played without machinery making unpleasant noise is *very* expensive. It
may be impossible to do in a small apartment.

At 02:21 PM 2/17/2008 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Everybody,
>     My friend with the Bechstein grand someone's
>giving him wonders if a Kenmore dehumidifier and a
>digital hygrometer on the wall would be better than a
>Dampp chaser at protecting his "baby".
>     I'd certainly think so, but wanted to ask here,
>as well.
>    Thanks!
>     Thump
>
>P.S. A he lives in an apartment, I imagine he has  a
>reasonably small room he can close off for it.
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner