Measure friction weight was: Weighting upright keys question

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Feb 18 07:12:53 MST 2008

Julia:

Keep in mind that the weights from some suppliers are not accurate.  I
bought the little gram weight set from a major supplier and found them
all to be heavy (fortunately).  I simply drilled holes in each weight to
remove the excess and calibrated each one.  Some of the weights have a
lot of holes!  Of course to do this you'll need a good scale properly
calibrated and capable of reading down to at least 0.1 gram.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu