Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 18 09:14:23 MST 2008

> As it's been stated here 1000's of times, *there is a proper way and a
> wrong way to use anything*.

And as is in evidence here and everywhere else you look, there
is considerable disagreement as to which is which.

>Come on now...........do you think anyone
> would be that stupid as to "blast the mist right into the piano"!

Absolutely - without a shadow of a doubt. And not just any
"one" person. It wouldn't occur to a significant portion of
the population, many of whom have their pianos sitting in
direct sunlight, too hot to lay a hand on comfortably, that it
could possibly be a problem.

>It's
> the technicians job to instruct the client on the proper use of any
> equipment you install or recommend that they use.
>
> Al Guecia

Al, you can't legislate good sense. It's been tried many
times. Days of detailed instruction and direction will still
produce a situation and effect you hadn't anticipated, or
considered to be too insultingly obvious to mention. I lost
count long ago of the number of uncontrolled heater rods I
have removed from pianos, put there by highly trained techs
and dealers when, at the time, it seemed like a good idea.

Ron N