Lubricating V-bar

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 18 10:55:53 MST 2008

WD-40 is a degreaser for rust prevention? I though it was common practice to
put petroleum projects (such as grease) on tools and other metals to prevent
rust. Rather than WD-40 being a degreaser, I think a better description
would be that it is a dewaterer (my word, not from Planet Earth)!

Actually, WD-40 does work as a degreaser, but only because it is made of
more volatile and less viscous petroleum products. But I think any
degreasing properties it may posses are not the cause of it preventing rust,
i.e. both WD-40 and grease help prevent rust.

Terry Farrell

PS: Gee whizz. Ya don't hear from me for weeks on end and then one day I
wake up and decide I know everything about everything. And apparently I feel
the need to let everyone know! Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up to reality!  ;-)