Uh

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 18 20:46:18 MST 2008

Does anyone know of what material the pinblock in a typical Russian upright
piano might be?   I can't imagine anyone wishing to take the time to pull a
block, actually. But I did a new client today who had this very pretty
Russian piano, and I began to shudder as soon as I opened the top. I was not
disappointed.  Garbage through and through, and the block a mess.  Numerous
things a mess, and these people bought this from a store, going out of
business, so of course the store didn't care. So I was just curious.  Balsa
wood, perhaps, or maybe pressed cardboard?
les bartlett