too loud DK

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Wed Feb 20 06:44:37 MST 2008

I hate to have to voice them down so much, but it may be the only real option.

-------------- Original message from Mike McCoy <mjmccoy at usa.com>: --------------

Hi Richard,

 I had the same issue with my own Yamaha. DK-III on hardwood floors in a small room, it was literally painful to listen to. As tuneyourpianonow stated, Yamaha does have a background patch which allows you to set the solenoid minimum play levels, that helps, acoustic foam underneath where there was room helped but it took steam voicing to really solve the problem. It's lovely now.

Mike McCoy
Langhorne, PA.

richard.ucci at att.net wrote:
List,
I know this subject has been covered before, but... I need to quiet down a Yamaha  DK , and was wondering where would be the best place to stuff the foam . I thinking of cutting it to fit above the strings wedged into the plate ,with a felt string cover over it.

Sound OK?