Hand Plane Chatter

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Feb 20 12:29:49 MST 2008

Farrell wrote:
> Question for the wood chomping gurus out there.
>
> I have a hand plane that has a propensity to "chatter" in use.

Not a guru, but...  Take thinner slices? with minimal pressure. on the
bias.   It looks like the thing would have a propensity to pivot real
easily on the blade and chatter. I would think, also, that attacking the
apex or nadir from both directions would eliminate grain orientation
problems.
My 2¢.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076