Ibach stopped production

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 03:06:30 MST 2008

Ibach, the oldest still producing paino maker worldwide, has stopped production. I am amazed that I found no note about that in this list. I tried to google for an English article but could not find anything in English. So I try to write in my poor English what I found in the German media (in German: http://www.ksta.de/html/artikel/1195816994824.shtml ):

Ibach was founded 1794 (!) and produced all over the time in Germany. But in the 1980 years they had a production line from Korea which gave the brand Ibach a bad reputation. Sabine Ibach says that not that Korean procuction was the problem but the bad publicity campaign from the competitors. At that time Ibach was the only German producer that had production lines in Asia. Unfortunately, some faked Ibach pianos (product piracy) entered the market so that nobody knew where his Ibach came from which diluted the brand name. To prevent a bankrupt they voluntarily stopped production last year. In summer 2007 there were only 5 workers left at the facility in Schwelm, in december they canceled the whole company.

1794 to 2007 and still managed by an Ibach family member. Wow, that´s what I call tradition. Apropos tradition: I am shure you all heard about Adam and Eve, that ancient couple that used to live in the Garden Eden before they got trouble with their landlord. Well, Eve......she was a born Ibach! :-)

Gregor